3 Dec 2022

3rd December 2022 Dystopian Lite.

 ~~

 Saturday 3rd 36F. Outside temperatures falling. Rain, sleet or snow showers.

 Up at 4.45. Reliving the past. I had to get up. My lower back hurts. 

Temperatures at 06.00: 17C/62F upstairs. 13C/56F in the lounge and kitchen. 8C/46F in the bathroom. The last log was still glowing at bedtime. I thought about adding another log but decided against it.

 6.15 Lit the stove and made breakfast. 

 The vintage tiles were rescued from a retired tiler's remaining stock shed. I did the tiling myself of course. There weren't enough to reach the ceiling. The stove is clad in soapstone. Which absorbs heat and lets it out only very slowly. Not free heat but like a much longer burn after the "coals" have died down. Very useful when the stove can't be continuously attended to and at night.

 8.20 It looks horrible out there. Dark grey, cold and damp. I'll delay my walk until later.

 Had a nap to catch up.

 11.30 Light rain, sleet or snow falling at intervals.

 12.15 Returning from a half hour walk. The sky had brightened to Dystopian Lite. It remained dry. Which was a bonus. 

 It was slightly brighter indoors too. So I fought to capture an image of the stove in its tiled corner. Without distorting the angles of the wall and the door frame. Which meant crouching very low indeed.  Using the 12-60 wide angle lens on the G9. 17mm, 1/10s at f/8, ISO6400, handheld. [34mm equivalent Full Frame.] 

 The verticals are still pinched slightly at the top. I'd need a very low tripod to do it properly. In the past "shift" lenses were used with film cameras to make the verticals parallel. Particularly when using wide angle lenses for photographing architecture. 

 These lenses are still available for DSLRs but rather expensive! My old Lumix TZ7 adds barrel distortion [optical curvature] to the mix. Making indoor photography a geometric nightmare.

 Dinner was chicken, bacon, mushrooms and chips.

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment