16 Dec 2022

16.12.2022 Chips with everything.

 ~~

 Friday 16th -6C/21F outside. 14C/57F upstairs. 10C/51F in the lounge. 9C/48F in the kitchen. 4C/39F in the bathroom,  I needed my battered, down jacket this morning. So I ought to light the stove!

 Up at 4.45. I felt as if I had a cold. Very dry but with a snotty nose. Probably from snoring with my mouth open. A cup of black coffee made me feel better. The kitchen work surface looks empty without all the crap I was keeping on there. My sister told me to get rid of it all and she was right. I now have a drawer for my cutlery tray and the cupboard below for my regular crockery. So simple. 

 Now I need to be ruthless in clearing out all the unwanted kitchen implements and cooking cutlery. Long forks, old knives, ladles, potato peelers, tin openers. Many items go back for decades but were never discarded. Two whole drawers full of fading memories. Is it disloyalty to my wife to give it all away to charity? 

 The lounge floor is now covered in boxes from the kitchen clearance. I ought to fetch some flat fruit display boxes from the supermarket. Deep boxes make no sense at all. For all her pretty plates, saucers and bowls. They were mostly bought individually from charity shops. So they are all going back where they came from. With a few decades delay before being redistributed.

 6.25 I just lit the stove. I need to get more logs in from the greenhouse again. Three baskets full per day now. I need more light out there. The smart, black plastic, outside lights, which I put up years ago, disintegrated from UV. If I don't buy more logs soon I won't need any more lights!

 I drove in mist and sunshine to my British friend. The car was frozen. I had to use a trowel as a lever to open the doors. Back at 13.00 shopping on the way home.

 18.20 -10C/14F. I have been playing for hours with my very first smart phone. It is sheer luck when I find anything useful. I shall definitely need coaching from my tech savvy friend. 

 19.00 Dinner is chips and a salmon pasty.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment