7 Dec 2022

7.12.2022 Stove problems.

 ~~

 Wednesday 7th 0C/32F. Up at 5.45. My back is hurting. 16C/61F upstairs. 12C/54F in the lounge and kitchen. 7C/44F in the bathroom/hall. Farm museum day. 

 7.30 I have just wasted three quarters of an hour, several newspapers and loads of non-inflammable kindling to get the stove alight!

 8.00 Clear sky. Last night's dusting of snow remains. It was too dark to see anything until now. The forecast is for potentially heavy snow [15cm/6"] to the east and north. 

 8.30 The fan heater quickly raised the bathroom from 7C/44F to 15C/50F for my shower. I haven't needed the heater until now and probably didn't today anyway. Time for coffee and marmalade on a toasted bread roll before I leave. The stove is going well now. With a fat log well alight., I was cold last week at the farm. So I searched for and found my long, winter underwear. Had I been cycling I would have been wearing it for some time by now.

8.50. The care is all iced up with frozen snow. I have scrapers but no de-icer. So I had to leave the engine running. Naughty!

12.30 Back from the museum for lunch. I spent the morning collecting fallen leaves and barrowing them to the woods. A sunny start but cloud arrived with increasing wind. Blowing the leaves all over the place!

 17.00  -1C/29F. Safely back home after a quick shopping trip in the dark. The car was already icing up. Thankfully the roads have been salted over the last couple of days.  

 Dinner was mackerel on toast and soup. The stove has been going well all day. Remaining warm enough to light a fresh log each time.

Had another long Skype video conference with a friend. Still learning.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment