9 Dec 2022

9.12.2022 White on grey.

 ~~

 Friday 9th 0C/32F. 18mm or 3/4" of snow lying. Heavily overcast and windy! The forecast is for early, further snowfall.  

 Up at 6.45. Back aching. 14C/58F upstairs and 12C/54F in the lounge. 10C/51F in the kitchen. 5C/42F in the bathroom. 40F in the greenhouse. The thermometer in the front window sill is showing only 9C/48F. It must be colder there than on the chest of drawers in the opposite corner.

  I put another log on the stove at bedtime. As the stove was still going well. With flames and lots of red "coals." I am wearing my long, thermal underwear in bed now. Lighting the stove should be a priority.

 8.00  Stove lit. It had burnt down to ashes overnight. So it was worth adding the extra log. Still rather dark but I am slowly preparing for my walk.  

 9.45 Finished morning coffee after a walk to the lanes. Two dark tracks between slush on the road. I retreated to the back of the verge when traffic approached on my side. That wasn't enough for one SUV crash test dimmie. He crossed the double white lines from the other side of the road. To spray me from head to toe with filthy slush. I can only assume it was deliberate. The road was empty of traffic in both directions.

The Danish inheritance court has made its decision. I get to keep the house. It is advised that I do not do anything with the inheritance for two months after their publicly announcing the result in the official notifications. I have to inform the bank, insurance companies and other institutions myself.

 19.00 A wasted day being lazy. Feeding the stove and browsing. The lounge has yet to reach 15C/60F today! The kitchen has sunk to only 10C/51F despite the little, oil-filled radiator. 500W, from memory.

 I'm probably going with poached eggs on toast for dinner. Followed by soup. Though I had toast and soup yesterday. Perhaps cod in batter with pasta and tinned tomatoes? Better.

 20.15 +1C/33F. Dinner over. The lounge is up to 17C/62F after feeding the stove with several logs at a time. 17C/63F upstairs. 10C/50F in the kitchen.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment