6 Dec 2022

6.12.2022 Snow.

 ~~

 Tuesday 6th 2C/36F leaden sky. Another grey day is forecast. 17C/62F upstairs. 14C/57F in the lounge. 13C/55F in the kitchen. 8C/46F in the bathroom/hall.

 My "portrait" needs more work. I have a table lamp on either side of me. While a small, LED strip light is hanging vertically from the top of the dormer window in front of me. 

 I had hoped the combination would provide enough light but I was wrong. The image and video are far too "noisy." I was limited to only 30fps before the colour dropped out and noise dominated.

 Rather more flattering [?] than the pictures I took outside though. Where "hard case" and "hit man" seemed to be a common theme. In reality, I hate violence! The £6 [equivalent] supermarket reading glasses are weak, but vital for me to see the computer screen. Without which things become even fuzzier than normal. Avoiding reflections in glasses/spectacles is one major obstacle to increased lighting. Needs more research. One popular YouTuber talks about lights for streaming but has ring lighting reflected in his glasses! Which is just silly.

 9.15. A later, half hour walk to the lanes. Yesterday's cold wind was gone. A messy gash in the clouds, near the sun, provided a dirty orange patch for visual interest. A Red kite crossed my path ahead at about 100 feet. Seemingly unperturbed by my ambling form below. Nor my pausing to stare up at it through my binoculars. Its V-tail a clear sign of its identity. A leisurely few flaps and then soar. Was endlessly repeated. As it maintained a beeline for the murky, northern horizon.

 11.15  I have installed the roller blind in the front, dormer window. I chose a light blocking white. To avoid being blinded by the sunshine during my afternoon naps. The scruffy curtains, which had been up for over 20 years, are no more. 

 The view, from the outside, is of uniform light grey to fawn. Probably a result of the "energy" metallic coatings on the double glazing. A definite upgrade in appearance. Though this makes the dormer's woodwork look even scruffier. Access being a problem, I have put off re-painting since I first built the dormers. 

 I also fell off the roof as I was coming down on completion of the rear dormer. I could not use my hooked, roof ladders. Because the chimney was in the way on the ridge. The ladder tipped up off the roof slop as I negotiated the gutter with my arms full of tools. Throwing me off backwards. Onto my head. On the concrete, 3m below. Blood everywhere and my only trip in an ambulance to date.

 13.15 It actually brightened up a bit after lunch. Not real sunshine but there were blue patches between the clouds. There could be snow tomorrow. Up to 6" but not for my area unless something changes. It isn't far off.

14.00 Real sunshine from a clear sky!

 Dinner was chicken and mushroom curry. Using the new "Coop Red Curry" sauce. I made far more than was necessary and struggled to finish it off. The organic beer helped to wash it down. The sauce was not the same as I am used to with Ben's "Medium Curry." Not unpleasant but I retain my preference with the familiar sauce. 

 Nor will I bother with mushrooms in future. The supermarket pack contains two equal portions of chicken breast. I use kitchen scissors to cut one piece into chunks. Which is quite enough for one person. I used a small glass cup to measure the rice. Yet again it was too much. Half a cup would be perfectly adequate. 35 minutes of simmering with a five minute rest to follow is best.

 11.30 The ground was white with snow when I looked outside at bedtime.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment