23 Dec 2022

23.12.2022 Give me sunshine!

 ~~

Saturday 23rd 38F. We might see some sunshine later.

Up at 6.20.  I was far too hot in the night under my winter duvet! 20.5C/69F upstairs. Luckily I still had my summer duvet nearby. A quick swap and I was comfortable again.

 A phone camera capture of my favourite landscape. I love the way the slopes run into each other. I must have taken hundreds of snaps of this scene. In all light and weather conditions over the years. Today the sun is at its lowest point. Barely grazing the slopes and stretching my shadow over many yards.

 10.00 Back from a walk to the lanes as the sun rose. 36F cold but not freezing. I was perfectly comfortable in my down sweater. A bird of prey flew off. Just as two geese passed noisily overhead. The stove is lit and morning coffee over. 

 I need more shopping and some kindling. Which limits me to returning to the same village as yesterday. The sheltered workshop, kindling source may not be open so close to Christmas. I had better start there.

 13.00 Bright sunshine all morning. I have returned from a three village shopping trip. I was given a free sack of kindling when I said the last one would not burn. I found several secondhand cutlery trays to expand my drawer's single tray. I need a separate tray for the bread knife and some cooking implements.  At present everything slides to the back of the drawer unrestrained.

The stove kept going on two large logs. Which I had ensured were burning well before turning down the air supply. Intervening hall doors were opened. So the kitchen had risen to 15C/64F. 20C/70F upstairs and in the lounge. The greenhouse is warm too. Which will help the logs to dry. The sun through the front window is burning my back as I sit at the computer. Despite wearing a thick jumper.

 After lunch I went over to the observatory. Which proved to be pointless. The wireless keyboard would not work. Then  the mono screens of the software on the monitor turned red and turquoise. I think the screen has a cold!

 Dinner was mackerel on toast, tomato soup and a roll.

 

 ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment