3 Dec 2020

3.12.2020 Blindly ignorant.

 ~~

Thursday 3rd 35F. Dark grey. A slow improvement but the dizziness has not gone completely away. Moving or turning suddenly soon reminds me of my underlying vulnerability. I may be strong enough to type a symptom list to the doctor today. The problem is that using the computer seems to be triggering the dizziness. Though I have turned the screen brightness down to see if this helps. I have spent countless hours on the computer recently and am now paying the toll.

Various strengths of cheap reading glasses from the supermarket have been fine for close work for many years. Never any discomfort. My distance vision is fine now after rapidly adapting to cycling. After decades of close work and weak, prescription glasses I no longer need them beyond a few feet. For decades the moon looked double even with the prescription glasses. Driving at night was very hard work. With many oncoming headlights dazzling me.

Perhaps my vision has changed recently but it isn't very noticeable. The risk of a lengthy eye test in the middle of a pandemic is certainly off-putting. I just hope the doctor can diagnose and treat me remotely. I haven't been self isolating, at home, for 10 months to undo it it all now.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment