11 Dec 2020

11.12.2020 Constant grey skies setting a new weather record.

 ~~

Friday 11th 34F, dark grey overcast. Again! The last time it was this bad was back in 1959 and they still had 8 hours of sunshine in total for December. Waddawewant? Our SUN! When do we want it? NOW!!!

9.00 A flurry of snow quickly turned to rain. Neither was forecast. Time for a walk. It kept up the wind blown, fine rain all the way there and back. I was grateful for my hood but would prefer a little more chin room. The mink gulls did their thing and quickly retreated in random directions. They have this survival lark down to a fine art.

There is a roaring trade[sic] in pig's diarrhoea. With vast tanker lorries racing between factory farms and needy farmers. I crossed the road several times to avoid their horrendous, tyre spray and acrid stench. The Jinping Plague has left wider gaps in the traffic. Allowing me greater freedom for my daily perambulations. Provided I keep a wary eye [and ear] out.

A couple of maniacs were having a race in their cars. They passed me at high speed. Engines screaming and their cars straddling the entire width of the road. As they approached a completely blind hump. With double white lines, for miles, in both directions, prohibiting overtaking. The Danish government has just raised the penalties for "insane driving."

I have finally trimmed my beard. I was getting tired of seeing Robinson Crusoe whenever I glanced [guiltily] in the bathroom mirror. Though Tom Hanks never quite achieved my "badger" look of hirsute adornment. In his own, relatively short bout, of self-isolation.


 ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment