16 Dec 2020

16.12.2020 The gloom continues.

 ~~

Wednesday 16th 44F, another grey day. 1000 yard mist. A gentle SE breeze from the SE. 

No ill effects from yesterday's, solo, weight lifting competition. I must have a walk today. It always helps to iron out the wrinkles. Both physical and mental. It forgot to get light again this morning so I waited until 8.30 before I walked to the lanes.

I still took to the verge with the approach of any vehicle. Well, I didn't want to disturb any driver's sleep, did I? Distant mist was softening the landscape. The sky looked as if it was finally weakening its hold. To provide some muddy, brown clouds in place of real sunshine.

It became quite sunny just before 13.00! More weight lifting in the afternoon as I unloaded the trailer full of concrete blocks. The Head Gardener suggested that we might need the trailer in an emergency and who am I to argue with such an authority? 

Talking of which: The Danish government has tightened restrictions to try and break the steep rise in infections. Only supermarkets and chemists will be open from tomorrow.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment