8 May 2024

8.05.2024 Spring sunshine.

 ~o~

  Wednesday 8th 41F/5C. Another bright day with some sunshine promised. My absent neighbour's trees are blocking the early sun. 

 Up at 5.30. Another awful night! Endless trips to the fire bucket. A ticklish cough hurt my wheezing chest over and over again.    

 13.00 63F/17C. Full sunshine. Returning from visiting my friend. His garden has a lovely show of bluebells and tulips at the moment. Burrowing animals [probably bank voles] keep eating his bulbs. We had a very pleasant stroll around his large garden. I envy him his ride-on mower but cannot justify the cost for the area of grass I have to deal with.

  I have opened one end door and two skylights in the greenhouse. Then opened all the internal doors and two windows out to the greenhouse. This helped to raise the indoor temperature to 68F/20C from 64F/18C. Which also helps to air the house without heat loss. Once the sun has gone around behind the trees I shut the windows. Then the greenhouse doors and skylights. Followed by the internal doors. The kitchen always warms a couple of degrees more than the living room.

 Dinner will probably be a salad. I bought a non-organic heart lettuce.

 Not impressed. The lettuce was already limp.

 

  ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment