10 May 2024

10.05.2024 Such a busy life!

 ~o~

  Friday 10th 52F/11C. Overcast.

 In breaking news: I woke earlier but didn't bother to get up until 7.30. I'll ring the surgery for an appointment as soon as the telephone lines open. The new dropper post should be delivered today. I have to deliver the e-bike to the shop in town for a longer hydraulic front brake line and possibly a cable. The result of fitting swept back "granny bars." Having given away all my bike spares I can no longer experiment with different handlebar extensions. That might have been an alternative. I'll ask the bike shop staff for advice.   

 10.15 35 minutes waiting on the phone to get through to the surgery. I was on the mobile via my hearing aids. So I could move about the house and sort the laundry. Then I put in a load before I left. 

 They gave me an appointment in half an hour. Had a quick shower and then drove into the village. The doctor was sympathetic and said I had an infection deep in my lungs. Gave me penicillin with a very long name. I picked it up from the pharmacy across the road and then drove home. 

 Now I had only an hour to load the trike on the rear carrier of the Morris and get into town. Where I left the bike at the workshop. A phone call later said that they had no hydraulic fittings for Magura brakes. It might be early next week before they can finish the job. I am in no fit state to be riding anywhere at the moment. I told them to relax and get the job done. Then send me an SMS when I can pick up the bike.

12.00 Heavy overcast. 56F/13C. I bought several new towels in town. Most of the bath and hand towels are holey rags. They are worn so thin it is hard to dry myself after a shower. I removed the laundry in the washing machine and hung it outside on the rotary airer. I hadn't a single thing to wear when I had to go to the doctors. So I had to wear a proper shirt. 

 12.30 Now I have to do the washing up. Four days worth. I was having to rinse single items before I could eat or have anything to drink. Silly old wotsit! 

 13.10 The new XLC 125mm dropper post has arrived. Now no e-bike to try it on.

 Did the washing up, had lunch and then had a nap. Oh, the excitement!

 18.00 The earlier load of laundry brought in.

 My extracted tooth area was hurting. So I needed something soft for dinner. I went with fish fingers, pasta and tinned tomatoes. I had some pasta frozen in the freezer ages ago. So I decided to use it all up. Which meant I needed more tinned tomatoes. Which left me with far more than I could manage. The first time I have wasted cooked food in a long time.

 

  ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment