1 May 2024

1st May 2024 Arse over tit! [Again!]

 ~o~

  Wednesday 1st 54F/12C. Bright but cloudy. A sunny day reaching 21C/69-70F possible.

 Up at 6am after an earlier break from 3-4.30.  

 I'd like a bike ride today. It is quite breezy from the east. Steadily increasing.

 13.00 68F/20C. Returned from a ride into town. It was easy cruising in the high 30's kph going but low 20s coming back into the strong wind. Almost continuous sunshine. Lovely and warm. Stripped down to my racing jersey and shorts.

 Lucky I opened the greenhouse doors before I left.

 After lunch and a nap I rode into the village to shop. Still on auto pilot, I threw my leg over the saddle as usual. Caught the panniers. Then rolled myself away from the heavy bike as it followed me towards the asphalt! Both flat on the car park! 

 Grazed knee, grazed elbow, painful chest muscles, headache and a severely dented ego. The bike landed on the end of the handlebar but seems unscathed. It may be that the saddle, dropper post didn't fully drop. I had moved all the levers and controls on the new "granny" handlebars. Still accustomising myself to those. Love the relaxed, upright, riding position. Noticeably increased drag from my upright position.

 The Moustache e-bike has a very high bottom bracket. Which means the saddle must be the height it is for efficient pedaling. The dropper post helps but doesn't lower the saddle enough. For me to safely reach the ground with my feet. F-! Must try harder!

Dinner was cheese on toast with tomatoes. 


  ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment