8 Nov 2023

8.11.2023 Puma in Boots.

 ~o~

 Wednesday 8th 46F/8C. Broken cloud and windy. Showers promised. Up at 7am after a quiet night. Got up only once again. Small glass of milk with biscuits for dinner last night. The room dropped from 70F to 64F [21-18C] overnight. I used the lighter duvet and was warm and comfortable.

 Museum day. The many showers in the forecast will have me driving rather than riding there. I have wet washing building up on several airers indoors and out. No organisation!    

 12.30 Returned from the museum. I brought the washing in as it was just as wet as when it went out thanks to heavy rain this morning. The greenhouse washing line is full. The clothes airer in the room packed.

 I have to fetch something I ordered in town. Though I'll have an early nap first.

 Later, I drove the MM into town and bought a pair of Pumas with nicely smooth soles. Affordable and claiming to be reasonably waterproof. Ideal for winter e-biking on flat [MTB] pedals. My current smooth soled trainers are excellent for dry and warmer weather. Just too well ventilated for the wet or the cold of winter. The Pumas are fur lined and closed. They have a white band around the edge of the sole for extra visibility in poor conditions.

 I have worn the replacement Sorels but there is something very wrong with them. My right foot feels wet and cold. Just like the last pair. I can't explain why. They are extremely comfortable but what am I to do with them? Why only one foot? I don't have that problem with any other shoe or boot. Otherwise it might be a circulation problem. 

 The MM will have modern seatbelts fitted on Friday. I have also obtained an English language copy of the Haynes Manual for the Morris Minor. Which is a major bonus for sorting out any problems.

 I had people waving at me in the car. A lady came up to talk about her uncle having a Morris Minor. When she was younger. She complained that the heater wasn't very good. My own heater seems to be intermittent. I shall have to explore further now I have the manual. Whoops! No mention of the heater in the index.

 18.30 Relighting the stove [again] for the second time. The kindling didn't catch fire on the first firelighter. Grr! I have all but used up the remaining kindling. Then I shall try the next sack full. I shouldn't be so damned mean and start the next sack!

 Dinner will be chicken and mushrooms and something. I haven't decided what yet. Probably chips and peas. Pasta is good. With tinned tomatoes. Slightly too wet. I shall strain the tomatoes next time. Normally I use a slotted spoon but not this time. I used a whole tin instead of half. It was too much and rather swamped the chicken and mushrooms.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment