22 Nov 2023

22.11.2023 Sniff! Cough! Hack?

 ~o~

 Wednesday 22nd. 32F/0C. A grey morning is forecast and increasingly windy. Rain from this afternoon with gales. Up at 6.00 after a quiet night. Museum day. I'll go in the MM. I hope the roads aren't slippery or salted. 

 I put another log on at bedtime. Because it had dropped to freezing point last night. There was still a glow this morning because I had turned the air control right down. Perhaps too far. The room is at 61F/16C but feels colder than normal. So I have relit the stove. I can't be here to monitor it and add more logs. So I'll have to warm the room and hope it lasts.

 7.40 The sky seems clear. The cars are snow white with frost. There is a crimson, fiery glow, low in the south east. Framed by the woods and overlying cloud. It is lightening to orange along the visible, eastern horizon over the low hill. I can feel the warmth from the stove from yards away. Like sunshine on my face. 

 8.00 The eastern and southern sky is bright orange as the sun's glow is filtered though cloud. It is becoming increasingly overcast.

 8.15 Morning coffee with a toasted marmalade roll. The MM started okay and the frost has already lifted. I will have to dress very warmly. It feels very cold outside and the wind is rising.

12.00 39F/4C. Overcast, slightly misty and breezy but dry so far. Home again after clearing fallen leaves. I developed a wet cough and runny nose during the morning So I shan't be going back today. 

63F/17C in the room. I have relit the stove. Whoops! Not a stick of kindling left! Another example of poor organisational skills shown by my supervisor. 

 15.45 I had to go shopping for more kindling. Then on to the supermarket. While in the supermarket my hearing aids suddenly started playing very loud Xmas jingles. Then they ran a very long, very obvious scam purporting to be by Elon Musk. Register your email address and get $1000 per day for the rest of your life. Free of charge for an initial 45 people! Except that he didn't know how to pronounce his own name. Despite it being [supposedly] his voice. Deep fake? There was mention of continuing to watch the whole video. YouTube? No idea.

 This was followed by what sounded like a Danish radio pop channel mentioning Århus. With the DJs clearly on hallucinatory drugs. I was driving along a busy main road with zero stopping places. So I could do nothing to switch it off except to drive on.

 Once I arrived at home I discovered  my phone was lit up. I switched it off and the ridiculous racket stopped. I have no idea how this happened. I used my phone only to pay for the kindling. My hearing aids are linked to the phone by the manufacturer's own app. Have I or they been hacked? A little research showed that Elon Musk scams are as common as thieves. 

 Dinner was fish fingers and chips. No photos please. The wind is making it difficult to keep the house warm. The stove is struggling to maintain 65F/18C.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment