26 Nov 2023

26.11.2023 Dusting of snow.

 ~o~

 Sunday 26th 24F/-4C. A dusting of rather granular snow. The room has dropped to 60F/15C overnight. It was 70F/21C at bedtime. I was warm and comfortable during the night. Up at 7am. I had a beer with dinner and paid for it with a couple of trips to the fire bucket. 

 The kitchen and bathroom have dropped just below the nominal 55F/13C. Despite having one, small, oil-filled radiator in each. Doors and windows closed. The greenhouse is frosted all over and showing 39F/4C. Even that small differential makes it a useful thermal barrier. To protect most of the the southern facade including four windows. Insulation might be more efficient but you can't store junk or logs in insulation. I could do more to reduce draughts out there. The balcony room is at a chilly 36F/2C.

 8.15 Time for a walk? 

 8.45. Sunshine. Time to go. I had to light the stove first to start warming the place. 

 9.45 28F/-2C. The sunshine is often masked by dappled cloud. Just a short walk again. I wore my Scarpa walking boots and enjoyed much superior grip. The roads were no longer dangerously slippery. As they were yesterday with the Sorel boots. 

 A heron crossed the road. Slowly flapping its wings ahead of me. Small flocks of sparrows moved about. I see redwings quite often at this time of year. It didn't feel as cold today thanks to the complete lack of perceptible wind. Though that didn't stop the wind turbines from turning.

 21.00 32F/0C. Another lazy day. Dinner was chicken, mushrooms and beans. I didn't feel like making a full Sunday dinner. 

10.30 I have just been along with a recycling bin. There has been a little more snow but not much.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment