4 Nov 2023

4.11.2023 Gore-Tex Red Bullshit.

 ~o~

 Saturday 4th 45F. Overcast and windy again. Possible sunshine is forecast for this morning. Rain much later.

 Up only once in the night. I experimented and had nothing at all to drink with dinner. Not even the small glass of milk. 

 I have started taking Vitamin D again. My wife used to feed me with a variety of vitamins but I gave it up as pointless. Her lifelong belief in vitamins, healthy foods, supplements and organic produce didn't help her in the end. 

 I did do a bit of online research before purchase. The general message was that cost did not change the quality or effectiveness of Vitamin D. So I bought a large pot and have one high strength tablet with dinner. My diet, these days, still contains additional sources.

 I watched some videos about Gore-Tex last night. It was and still is a giant marketing con. Going back to a patent they should never have been awarded in the first place. As I stated earlier, I already knew the sales pitch was a complete lie. As soon as the "Gore-Tex" fabric is wet no body moisture can travel outwards. 

 Gore-Tex fabrics don't even contain the original PTFE material of their patent any more. They quietly went over to the same chemical proofers used by all of the other manufacturers. Who refused to pay Gore-Tex for the exorbitant rights to manufacture and sell using PTFE/Teflon. 

 These days they charge a fortune for using the Gore-Tex logo for exactly the same material that they and everybody else is using. Usually manufactured in low wage, sweat shops in the 3rd world. So if you see a Gore-Tex label it is a cynical ploy to push product at an inflated price.

 The Gore-Tex lie is now so deeply ingrained. That other clothing manufacturers find they can't sell their stuff. Not without the bullshit Gore-Tex logo attached to the garment. So consumers are ripped off for extra billions worth of their own income. When buying outdoor clothing in this global [marketing monopoly] rip-off. Which is still sold with the original Gore-Tex, outright lie about moisture molecular size. You might as well look for waterproof clothing with a Red Bullshit logo on it. If you can still find anything to fit you!

 08.00. Light enough for a walk. Or not.

08.15 It still looks very dark and windy but dry. I had better make the effort.

 09.00 The wind wasn't quite as bad as I feared. South or south-easterly. So my eyes only watered badly on the way home. Though I didn't go far. The puddles are slightly smaller in the back field. A line of  eight swans went over. Honking quietly to each other. A ninth was struggling to keep up. A kestrel showed itself briefly above the hedgerow trees but was gone when a gap presented itself.

 I need a plan for today. A small LED bulb E27 shopping trip? That sounds like fun! At least I won't have to stay at home. Which might mean washing up and tidying! 😬 I'll go on the e-bike. Give it a run to see how the new parts are bedding in. The gears were "buzzing" as I pedalled on the way home. I have a vague recollection of this happening when it was new. False memory? Probably.   

 11.40 Back from the shops. There was a headwind going. Which made cruising at 30km a bit of a struggle even in Sport mode. Coming back it felt like a headwind but my speed was a little higher.  The buzzing seemed to occur only on the smallest cogs on the cassette. 24km averaging 25km/hr.

 I found 40W LED bulbs in a small format but with the E27 thread. I have now replaced the larger, tapered, hall lampshade with the smaller, drum form as planned.  

 Dinner was chicken curry with mushrooms. I did not enjoy it a much as alternative meals using chicken. I had a glass of water.

 

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment