30 Nov 2023

30.11.2023 Cop 28: Barrel Boys open for business: Roll up! Roll up! Get your cheap oil here now!

 ~o~

 Thursday 30th 22F/-6C. No sign of any more snow. Though more forecast for late morning. Room at 60F/15C. Greenhouse 29F/-2C.  Up at 5.45.

  COP 28: Barrel Boys open for business: Free Lambo with every billion barrels! Got a Lambo already? You want boys? Young girls? All very clean. You want missiles? Drones? Mercenaries for your coup? F35s? Slave workforce for your new palace? Enriched Uranium? No problem! Going cheap! Get them all here!

 7.00 The stove is lit. 62F/17C already! 😎 Now I have to start using the latest batch of logs. Last year's have all gone. 

 8.30 23F/-5C. Dark overcast. 65F in the room. Going for a walk.

 9.00 25F/-4C. Back from my short walk. It felt cold but there was no wind again. Patchy mist was forming while I was out. One of the [several] empty houses locally has been sold. 

 13.00 Lunch. Have returned from visiting my friend in my old car. I had to use jump leads to get it started from the MM. It was snowing lightly for most of the time. With the roads mostly salted. Except for the rural lanes. I saw several cyclists risking life and limb. I was sensible and shopped for groceries on the way home. The newer logs are burning fine so far. I shall bring a rack full indoors from the greenhouse to give then a better chance to dry out some more. 66F/19C in the room thanks to adding several logs before going out. There was still a good bed of red embers to light the next load of logs to go in.

 16.30 31F/-1C. I woke from a nap to find a couple of inches [50mm] of fresh snow has fallen. It was lucky I went out this morning. Though I did check the forecast before deciding to go. The news reports chaos from snow and icy roads elsewhere in Denmark and Sweden. The lowest temperature in 30 years, for November, was recorded somewhere  in Denmark. Snow depths in Denmark vary up to 8" or 20cm this morning. The cold weather is supposed to continue for some time.

 19.00 Dinner was salad.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment