15 Nov 2023

15.11.2023

 ~o~

 Wednesday 15th 41F/ 5C. Up twice in the night. Got up at at 4.45. Nothing to drink after 17.15. I had an apple to clean my palate after dinner. 

 It is museum day. Possible showers so I shall go in the MM. First, I had better go back to bed to catch up on my sleep.

 8.15  Went back to bed and slept for an hour. Breakfast over. Had a shower. 

 I drove to the museum because the forecast was showers. It was sunny all day. There was a lot of water passing through the old millpond due to record rainfall. The grill leading to the drain passing under the road had to be cleared to avoid flooding. A pile of twigs and leaves had dammed the flow.

 My task today was gathering fallen leaves. Then wheelbarrowing them to the compost area up in the woods. I was aching all over by lunchtime! The multi-tined fork was unnecessarily heavy but there was no choice.

 The museum director had dressed in period costume as a teacher. A number of schoolchildren arrived to spend time in the old classroom. I hope he didn't use the cane on them! 

Dinner was poached eggs on toast. Followed by an apple and a small glass of milk.

The forecast is for 25mm of rain overnight. Sjælland will get up to 50mm! With storm force winds.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment