6 Nov 2023

6.11.2023 Not my boy!

 ~o~

 Monday 6th 48F/9C. Overcast with scattered showers.. Up only once in the night. Until I was awakened by the flashing lights of the binmen's lorry at the end of the drive. Went back to sleep until 7.15.

 I forgot to mention the moron on an electric, child's scooter. As I was driving home last night. He was riding without any lights up the busy high street in the village. Pitch dark and in the rain against the headlights of oncoming traffic. While simultaneously wearing all black clothing. 

  Obviously a "Sky Sports" cycling fan. I just hope he wasn't overdosing on asthma medicine as well. "Riding under the influence" could be added to all the other charges. Earlier I had just passed a girl on an electric bike without rear lights. Fortunately she was lit by the shop lights we were passing. So I saw her far more easily than the e-scooterist further on.

 8.30. Time for a walk.

 9.00 Brightening a little. The back field is still wet but largely unchanged. The horses were outside enjoying some fresh air. 

 9.25 Fist sign of sunshine. I had to rush off to the bathroom! To take some photos of the autumn colours [out of the window.] The self-seeded, field maple is spectacular at the moment. Brighter in the sunshine than the drab daub I took two days ago.

 The tree was bent like a banana when it was trapped underneath the huge Horse chestnut. The chestnut has gone. Leaving the maple to grow balancing branches on the left. Now that it is exposed to the light. 

 The rising breeze is lifting the laundered clothes on the rotary airer. The laundry basket had "got away from me" again.  

 I ought to see if I can still buy kindling. Before I run out completely.

 11.00 52F/11C. Continuous bright sunshine! Returning from buying a bag of kindling. Fingers crossed it matches expectations.

 12.00 My washing was drying nicely until there was a sudden heavy shower! I could tell the washing was nearly dry. Because the raindrops were leaving dark marks. Brought it all back indoors to air.

 22.45 Safely back from an Irish folk concert at my friend's house. There were 29 guests plus the hosts and the folk trio. The majority of those there were from the same village. So most of them seemed to know each other. Needless to say I am not used to mixing with such large numbers of people. Not after years of rural isolation. 

 It all went very well. The trio was excellent and as the token Englishman I chatted with the trio members. About Gaelic and their music. It was novel driving both ways in the dark in the MM. Even though I was very familiar with the road. The main beam/dip pedal on the floor added interest to gear changes.

 

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment