7 Sept 2023

7.09.2023 Takes your breath away..

 ~o~

 Thursday 7th Overcast and breezy. Warm sunshine is promised. Up at 6.30

 8.00 Time for a walk. My towels are still damp after airing overnight outside.

 9.30 Morning coffee over. Still overcast. I made it to my usual turning point in the lanes. Though I had to take off my jumper as I became steadily warmer. 

 An easterly wind will help to carry away the stench of pig's muck spreading on a local field. I must go shopping. The larder is empty!

 12.00 Returned from the shops well laden. It is easier to lift the panniers off the rack and bring them indoors to empty. 

 My friend has come over. He managed to get the TV to match the computer in 4K on HDMI. It wouldn't do so until he downloaded a new graphics driver. An Ad blocker isn't available for the Android Advertising TV OS. The picture quality is stunning for sharpness and contrast.

14.30 Warm sunshine. My towels will be dry. Lunch first. Then the towels.

Dinner was chicken and mushrooms. With chips and fresh tomatoes.

I tried slicing the chicken just for a change. This provided better control over the cooking. Without the dryness and crisp outer shell of my usual cubes. Just another tip from one of my contacts. The chicken was more tender and just as tasty. I also had a chance to practise my cutting skills with a sharp knife. Rather than kitchen scissors. I don't get to use my knife otherwise. It was a gift.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment