12 Sept 2023

12.09.2023 It stayed dry!

 ~o~

 Tuesday 12th. Up at 5.45. A day of rain or showers. With the emphasis on early rain. The ride to the cooking class could get a bit damp. I can easily change when I get there. Thee are changing rooms in the old school where the cooking classes are held. I'd just need t carry a change of clothes. Though it's not a lot of fun riding in heavy rain. Particularly if thunder is involved. 

 I am waiting for it to get light enough to check the car battery voltage. I need a reliable indicator of a duff battery or a wiring fault. Can I drive there and disconnect the battery?  Or do I need to set aside far more time to ride there? I won't have enough time to charge the car if the battery is flat this morning. If I drive there it  could leave me stranded miles from home if the fault persists.

 12.07V. A bit disappointing. The car started instantly but suggests the battery has lost half a volt overnight. Even though it was disconnected. I am leaving the engine running for a little while. To try and boost  the voltage more quickly than my weak and ancient changer. Another charity shop find. It usually charges at about 1A.

 7.15 Already raining lightly. 13.7V on motor charge. 12.6V disconnected. I'll leave it disconnected and then check the voltage in a while. If it drops further I'll have no choice but to ride. First I am going to put my winter raincoat on and have a short walk.

8.15 Back from my tour of the earthworks. It was slightly misty, warm and humid but no rain. As I arrived there were three giant tipper trucks on site at the same time. Despite all this activity the scale is still one of filling a bath with a teaspoon. Though far more interesting to watch! 

 Meanwhile, back at the hovel: The car battery had dropped to 12.3V while unconnected for about 3/4 or an hour. I'll have to go on the e-bike. Which means I have to set aside an hour. To get there and change on arrival. 

 9.00 It is getting darker by the minute!

I went by bike and it stayed  mostly dry. Though it rained hard in the afternoon I was safely indoors.
No dinner required. At the class I made chicken and vegetable salad.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment