5 Sept 2023

5.09.2023 In search of shelves.

 ~o~

 Tuesday 5th. Bright with some movement in the trees. A warm, sunny day is promised. Up at 5.45 after a late night. I seem to have slept well. Doctor's appointment this morning. To see about the mole on my back.

 Just a short walk to check progress on the earthworks. Its shoulders are steadily widening. Though another rest day is evident. The scale is amazing. As I stroll back and forth. Checking to see how well the drainage is working. A natural pond has been enlarged. There are signs of heavy rain, run-off, having cut surprisingly deep gulleys. More gentle slopes seem relatively immune to this.

 9.10. Time to leave. The car battery was flat again. I'll have to find the problem.

10.30 Returned from the doctor. He was unable to be sure about the mole. So I should get a hospital appointment in the next couple of weeks. 

 It's a lovely day for a ride. Where shall I go? I could visit a couple of charity shops. The coffee mugs and breakfast bowls could do with an attractive shelf on the left wall above the toaster. A cupboard would hinder access. Unless the door was hinged on the far side. I have several cupboards but they all have double doors. If I find anything in the charity shops I shall have to go back in the car. Carrying anything on the bike rack would need very careful restraint.

 I found nothing of interest to buy on my 60km ride to several charity shops. Battery down to 27%.

Dinner was fish fingers, chips and tomatoes. Some Piggy didn't remember to take a picture.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment