10 Sept 2023

10.09.2023 No day of rest.

 ~o~

 Sunday 10th Misty, but another, late summer day is promised. Woke at 5.45. Slept until 6.15. Still aching all over. The car wouldn't start again. It only takes an hour at low charge to get enough power to start. Then it loses it again overnight. 

 I have checked all the door and internal lights. It is losing charge somewhere. Perhaps it needs a new a battery? Though it wasn't long ago I replaced it. If only I could remember how long that was! 

 I did a blog search and found it was only last year. I had to call out the rescue service. The new battery was a Varta. It should last longer than one year. Which probably means a short somewhere.

8.00 I was looking for something I had mislaid. Which meant I had to plough through my late wife's collections of gardening and household items. Multiples of everything. Slowly becoming unusable out in the greenhouse. Instant depression! I thought I was doing so well. Perhaps too well. 

 I have been avoiding tidying the greenhouse. Going though it all has to be done at some point. I can hardly move out there. It is a valuable storage area for firewood. Apart from the obvious other uses. I am still waiting for the weather change before I remove the greenhouse shade nets. The temperature will rocket if I do it too soon.

14.30 Returned from visiting my friend. 53km at an average of 25km/hr and 77 pedal rpm. All in Sport mode. A mixture of cool mist and sunshine.

15.00 It is sunny here now but I am struggling to stay awake.

Sunday dinner was... chicken and mushrooms with chips and baked beans. No imagination!

 I nearly forgot to take the "recycling" bins along the drive. Two heavy wheely bins. Each had to be dragged one at a time. With a torch in one hand and trying to avoid the slugs. The sky was misty but the stars and Milky Way were still visible. Chez Hovel, with the windows lit up, is not a sight I see very often.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment