8 Oct 2022

8.10.2022 Distant views of the sea.

 ~~

Saturday 8th 50F. Clear sky. No sun yet. [8.10] Up at 6.45. I have a sore throat. The vaccines? I very rarely have a sore throat.

 Back aching. Walkies!

  I walk to the lanes and up the hill to capture the distant scenes. A strange light beneath the angry clouds provided increased contrast. I couldn't be certain of the coastline I was seeing but it must have been at least 9 miles away according to Google Earth. 

 I need to take my spotting telescope up there when it is clear. I can see the sea with buildings beyond on a coast but don't recognise anything. The image shows a string of islands in the middle foreground. Then more sea with a dark smudge beyond. Which is probably Jylland [Jutland.] There are hundreds of gulls in the air over that distance. Mere dark specks at normal image size. Clearly birds when magnified.

 The morning was spent in the observatory. During a lull, due to cloud, I filled some gaps around the doors from an acrylic cartridge. That lifts the appearance dramatically.

  I have had the greenhouse door open again to warm the house with the sun. The indoors temperatures went up from 61F to 64F downstairs. 64F to 67F upstairs.

 More time in the observatory in the afternoon.Then it clouded over and rained heavily. Providing a double rainbow against a black sky. By which time I was back at the top of the hill with my camera, spotting telescope and binoculars. 

 This image is of a distinctive trio of farm silos on a long strip of land or a wooded island. Just a quick snap taken through my spotting scope with the TZ7. This should give me a reference for middle distance. If I can find the silos on Google Earth. Not yet. I shall have to use compass for a more accurate bearing to the silos. It may be that Google Earth imagery is far too old to show newer silos.

Dinner was mackerel in tomato sauce on toast. Followed by tomato soup and a bread toll.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment