13 Oct 2022

13.10.2022 Cooking marathon.

 ~~

 

Thursday 13th 46F/8C. A wet day is promised.  Up at 6am. Aching all over from yesterday's exertions.  Wheel barrowing soil and lifting heavy steel, roofing sheets. Cooking class today. Recently, my hands have been shaking. Only occasionally and usually when I am holding something.

 After a brighter start it was another brisk walk to the lanes. Grey skies took over but with only a light breeze.

 We made potatoes, vegetable and mince pie and pancakes with ice-cream and honey. I sliced and diced four large peppers for the pie filling. The pie too far longer than expected to cook. All very tasty though. The first time in my life I have tried ice-cream with pancakes.

15.00 Just arrived back home again, I had hopped on my trike for a shopping trip to the village. Grey skies and a crosswind. It seems like ages since I had a ride. 

 I didn't light the stove again but really should have. It is 62F/17C upstairs and 57F/14C downstairs. I put on a down jacket and a blanket over my knees. Just like an old people's home. Well, I am old people.

 Dinner was weird. I had already eaten a large meal at the cooking class at lunch time. I was going to fry a few mushrooms and diced chicken. Both were well past their sell-by dates and needed using up. 

 The mushrooms stank. So went straight into the bin. The chicken was fine but an odd thing to eat alone. So I browned the chicken in the frying pan and dumped some leftover tinned tomatoes on top. The result was fine as to texture and edibility but oddly bland. I should probably have added pepper. The flash image is spoilt by steam.

 

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment