6 Oct 2022

6.10.2022 Mirror, mirror..

 ~~

Thursday 6th 52F. Still windy but almost clear sky at times. Up at 6.15.

8.57 Enjoying  morning coffee after my walk to the lanes. I climbed to the top of the hill. In the vain hope of distant views. Distant haze and the cool wind up on the hill made photography rather pointless.  

 I have just had a call from the ear clinic at the city hospital. They had a cancellation. So I am going next Tuesday for my full hearing test. This is instead of waiting until January. Tuesday coincides with my cooking class but never mind. 

 My hearing aid fitting has been brought forwards to next month too. Excellent news! I now have a local appointment for soft ear wax removal this afternoon. A requirement prior to the hospital test. A huge relief to be able to fit that in at short notice. I have been struggling with hearing people's voices against noisy backgrounds for decades. It has been getting much worse recently. 

Bugger! They have just sent another message saying that it will be the end of November before I have my hospital hearing test. With the hearing aid fitting pushed into early January.

16.00 60F/15C Just returned from having my ears scraped out. I was advised to repeat the exercise before my hospital hearing test. 

 While I was in town I bought a large, rectangular mirror, in an oak frame. From a charity shop. For mere peanuts. I also bought a curtain rail for the new, bedroom window. 

 The mirror has been hung on the central chimney upstairs. Where it completely changes the appearance of the chimney. While sharing and spreading the available light.

 Dinner was a salmon pasty. With pasta, tinned tomatoes and beans.

~~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment