27 Oct 2022

27.10.2022 A better bit of wood.

 ~~

  Thursday 27th 55F/13C. Cloudy.  Up at 6am. I forgot to take the dustbin along before five. So I took it along after six. Just in case the dustbin men come later than usual. I walked blindly. In the pitch black. Unable to se the ground or my feet. Relied on memory. What memory? Ever the optimist.

Thursday cooking class today. I have printed out today's recipes. Which the class leader usually sends via PDF attachments. I must remember my pinny. 

 8.40. Finished morning coffee. My usual walk to the lanes started in semi-darkness. I stepped onto the verge every time a vehicle approached. Traffic heavy at first but much lighter on my return journey.

 14.00 Back from the cooking class. That went well. With the usual banter, discussions and laughter.

 14.45 I was just hanging some towels out when there was a cloudburst!

 18.30 A late cup of tea. I haven't done much at home today. Just made a piece of wood fit over the skewed joist under the hall ceiling. After a bit of filler around the edges and a coat of white paint it should disappear. More work required on the decades old crack in the wall just below. I have run out of cartridge filler and wall paint. Another trip to the builder's merchants with grocery shopping in parallel.

 I remembered the green recycling dustbin and dragged it along the drive before it was dark.

 No need for a full meal this evening. I had a huge meal at lunch time at the cooking class. It's mackerel on toast, again, I think. 

 In reality, I ate and drank nothing all evening while I watched episodic series on TV.  Bed at 11.00.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment