12 Oct 2022

12.10.2022 Roofing it over.

 ~~

 Wednesday 12th 50F. Grey overcast with a cool breeze. Up at 6.15. Cooler indoors. 62F/17C upstairs. 59F/15C downstairs. I considered lighting the stove last night but decided not to. Farm museum day. 

 A short, brisk walk to rid myself of aches and pains. Then morning coffee.

 Today at the farm museum I was loading a wheelbarrow with soil from a tractor trailer. Then trundling it 100 meters to where it wanted to be dumped. Back and forth for an hour. Then I moved onto the new machine house extension. Where I was setting up corrugated steel, roofing sheets. Ready for the manual lift onto the roof. I could manage the rotation for alignment but  took two of us to lift each sheet onto the roof. With another man up on top to pull each sheet up to the ridge.

 We completed lifting all of them and screwing them down. They were heavy! Home for lunch and then back again for another hour.

 I have the greenhouse door open. Though it is rather cloudy. Only occasional sunshine. It was 72F/22C out there when I came back home. I managed to raise the indoor temperatures from 59 to 63F downstairs. 60 to 64F upstairs.

 Dinner was boiled potatoes, peas and a salmon pasty. 😋

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment