10 Oct 2022

10.10.2022 Keep on trailin'.

 ~~

 Monday 10th 47F. Breezy from the south. Almost clear. Apart from some smudgy pink clouds. Still waiting for sunrise. Which is still over an hour away. Up at 6.15. Too warm in bed under the winter duvet. It was 66F/19C in the bedroom at bedtime. 63F/17C this morning. Though it doesn't feel like it. Too cool to sit around. The forecasters are claiming a sunny day. Peaking at 14C/57F later. Until showers arrive this evening.

8.00 Sunrise through the new bedroom window. Time for a walk.

The headwind was eye wateringly cold in the lanes. To the east the whole sky was plastered with persistent vapour trails. With more planes crossing all of the time. The road traffic was heavy too.

 9.20. Morning coffee over. I am going to try my luck in the observatory. Though I expect the wind to make it very difficult as well as uncomfortable.

 I found it easy to roll the shade net up to the greenhouse ridge without needing a cord. I just worked from both ends of the greenhouse using a ladder. 

 13.30 58F/14C. Lunch over. I have had the greenhouse door to the house open all morning. 65F/18C downstairs and 66F/19C upstairs. It is still blowing a gale outside. I need to go shopping.

 16.45 Back from shopping in the car.

 17.15 The rain has started.

Dinner was diced and fried chicken breast, brown mushrooms, pasta and tinned tomatoes. I overcooked the chicken and made it slightly crispy.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment