27 Aug 2020

27.08.2020 21 hilly miles.

~~

Thursday 27th 55F, breezy from the west and north west. With a heavy overcast instead of the promised sunshine.

A walk to the lanes to snap away with my longer lens. Sunny periods and lots of cloud. Three birds of prey but no good photos. Lots of landscape shots from the top of a low hill.

Porton Down research labs in the UK have discovered "Citriodol" a constituent of Lemon Eucalyptus, has an effect on the Jinping Plague virus. Citriodol is used as a natural insect repellent.

Much more research is needed before it can be used as a spray to "disinfect" potentially contaminated surfaces. Ingesting or inhaling anything remotely similar in name, would probably be ruinous to health! We have already had deaths to knuckle dragging morons. Who drank swimming pool cleaner after listening to The Chump's deluded drivel.

In the afternoon I rode an errand to a distant, but small supermarket. Which stocks stuff not otherwise available locally. I wore my Type IIR mask and disposable gloves and was very careful. A load of kids and teenagers arrived but showed no interest in distancing despite the red tape on the floors. Luckily I was able to get almost everything on my list.

I deliberately sought out the quietest lanes with the steepest hills. Only a little traffic. It was very pleasant to see routes I haven't taken for ages. 21 hilly miles. Going surprisingly well despite quite a wind bloing.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment