24 Aug 2020

24.08.2020 £ambo? Nah! I want a Tesla S when I grow up. 😎

~~

Monday 24th 56F, heavy overcast but calm so far. There are no more reports of super rich Danes donating hundreds of pounds [equivalent] to the national fine fund. By refusing to wear a mask in/on public transport. Mind you, you know how these copycats are. One slave driver, people trafficker and drug dealer buys a £amborghini and then they all do!

Quite honestly, I wish they'd stop doing it. So I don't have to rely on Google for the correct spelling of £amborghini. The car maker of choice for criminals everywhere. I believe that "They" used to refer to the Golf GTI as the "Chelsea Tractor." Somehow, "Crooks Tractor" doesn't quite trip off the tongue in quite the same way. And, no, I'm not referring to the diesel test software fiasco.

I cannot bring myself to use the shortened [working class] version of £ambo [-rghini.] You can call me a snob [or anything else] but £amborghini actually produces agricultural tractors. So I wouldn't be seen dead in one of their usually garish, sports cars. It must be very embarrassing for Lamborghini to have most of their car production driven by crooks and mobsters. They must cry all the way to the bank. Which some of their customers are probably planning to rob! 😎 

If I was a really smart crook I'd choose a Tesla S. Stealth car which can leave the cops standing in any Hollywood style, car chase. Avoid showing off your illegal wealth to all and sundry. Unless, of course, you live in Denmark. Where a Tesla S costs even more than a Lamborghini after import taxes. Electric cars are specially penalised here. Because Denmark has oil reserves to flog off before the 3430 elections and yet more, empty promises of CO2 reduction. So driving a Tesla S is a sure sign of royalty levels of untaxed income. As are Danish prices for air to water heat pumps.

A walk to the lanes in fairly light traffic. Variable cloud and occasional sunshine. I just checked again. The wear on my trike's front rim in the brake track is remarkably deep. Probably just as well that I am replacing the wheel. It hasn't arrived yet and I have an errand to ride.

The new wheel arrived and I fitted a new tube and Schwalbe Durano Plus 25mm tyre. One of the Tektro brake arms was seized at the hinge pin and took a long time to [gently] free even with copious penetrating fluid. I am still waiting for one of the cable clamp grub screws to free itself. A long series, high quality hex key is bending both ways without the small screw freeing itself.

The new wheel's spokes all have very different tones and the rim is about 2mm out of true when the wheel is spun. Not impressed.  It has German labels wrapped around one spoke but these give no clue where these wheels are actually built. Shimano 105 hubs and Mavic Open Pro rims with SS spokes.

I rode into the village to deliver the original boots for return for a second time. 135 kroner is about £15. Just to send back boots which were ridiculously small. The first parcel was returned to me as uncollected. I shan't be dealing with them again!

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment