10 Aug 2020

10.08.2020 The absence of common sense.

~~

Monday 10th 65-85F with more of a breeze today. Another 29C day is forecast. I was up early dripping in sweat. Another 81F night! A very early walk to avoid the heat. Lots of noisy traffic. Two Teslas going in opposite directions only minutes apart.

A late morning ride for seven miles in 85C heat. I saw several cycle tourists riding slowly. Quite a headwind whichever way I was going. Still lots of farming going on. With harvesters and tractors and trailers on the roads and in the fields. Thousands of gulls having a free lunch. I saw another Tesla.

Long waits are reported for people wanting to be tested for the Jinping Virus. While hundreds of selfish barstewards failed to turn up for their appointments. Dare I suggest that those who fail to turn up have absolutely no need of a renewed test appointment for [say] another month, or three? I blame the lack of discipline in education, at home and driving.

There are still no masks available despite it being a requirement on some public transport. I keep checking the online sales websites but they are all showing "out of stock." Meanwhile it is reported that prices are rising. Surprise-surprise! When I need a mask I wear my underpants on my head as usual. With the label at the front for extra filtration.

It is reported that one in three Americans wouldn't accept the Jinping Virus vaccine even if it was free. How did they get so utterly fucked up that cynicism rules their lives and deaths? Yet they believe in a load of crap for which there is less than zero evidence. Things like freedom and equality. The smoke and mirrors of multimillionaire evangelists with fleets of costly vehicles.

Millions believe they have ben abducted from their beds by aliens. That characters in films are real. They think that guns will protect them from shady Government. Yet they vote and cheer for the very same, hypocritical crooks as if their lives depended on it. Whoops they did it again!

"Like shadows, faith only has value where substance has fled."



~~

No comments:

Post a Comment