3 May 2020

3.5.2020 Day 19,875 of self isolation. Now I see Tom Hanks in the mirror!

~~

Sunday 3rd 44-56F, cloudy but quite bright. I shall go for an early walk before the Sunday rush hour. The nearest real lake beckoned. Where I peered through the undergrowth from every accessible angle. The entire perimeter has been allowed to grow to provide shelter and privacy for the resident birds.

Mostly Mallards, dozing on the surrounding lawns. Or leaving their wakes on the bright water. There were also Coots, Shelducks and a very large Heron. The latter was sitting stage center. Basking on a handy post, jutting from the water.

Yet again, all the usual birds were in the hedgerows in profusion. It only needed me to see the slightest movement in the fresh spring foliage. I could then home in with my binoculars. A skill which has constantly developed over the years. It was warm in the lanes as I soaked up the birdsong from all around me. Three large, brown deer watched me warily. As they grazed the crop on a steep hillside. They had gone on my return.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment