1 May 2020

1st May 2020 Day 48+2 of self isolation. Parcel pickup! 👍


~~

Friday 1st May 45F, heavy overcast and breezy. A day of sunny periods and showers is forecast. I am still feeling slightly unwell and my back is aching without obvious reason. It is a couple of days since I did any hedge lopping. Continuous rain so far.

A snap of a village church embedded in mature trees just coming into leaf. These churches often date back to the 12th century. Though it might be difficult for early worshippers to recognise any originality after the considerable changes to the buildings over time.

Most of them are all but deserted for normal services these days. With only a small congregation working a rota around local churches. Presently, even these few services have been cancelled because of the Jinping pandemic. This old building has just enjoyed a new coat of whitewash from painters on hydraulic lifts. I read somewhere that a stepped gable on a building shows Dutch influence.

It cleared up after lunch so I went for a walk to the lanes and beyond. Traffic was at least normal and perhaps even above average. A small bird of prey flew around me in a circle. Probably a Sparrowhawk. The sea was shining in the far distance towards Kolding. Large areas of yellow, oil seed rape carpeted the usually green landscape below me. It was quite warm as I walked back against yet more traffic in bright sunshine.

I have deleted my lengthy tirade about parcel services. Because I decided to send an email to the wholesaler requesting pickup of their unwanted parcel. Success! Pickup arranged. I have also emailed customer services at Post Nord to see if the postman can collect a small package for us while he is out on his route. We hardly get any letter post these days. So catching him by chance would be difficult. It would be a great relief to be able to avoid busy places just to return unwanted parcels.


~~


No comments:

Post a Comment