9 Feb 2024

9.02.2024 The long, slow, snow storm.

 ~o~

  Friday 9th 35F/1.7C. We are promised 12 hours of snowfall. 9am-9pm. Potentially up to 15cm. Or 6" in olde money. Starting and ending wetly. With strong easterly winds.

11am.

 7.15 Up at 6.15 after waking several times. The room is at 59F/15C. I had better light the stove. Done.

 8.15 Snowing. It is falling at an angle from the east because of the wind.  

 9.30 I couldn't keep my eyes open so I went back to bed.

 11.00 Still snowing. Fine and wind blown. Not with any great depth yet. Sticks well to most surfaces. Including plants and trees. Very uniform whiteness.

 15.30 Still snowing. Couldn't keep my eyes open again. Had an afternoon nap. 

 I tried to take some more pictures of the snow out of the upstairs windows. This time using my G9 camera and 12-60mm Leica wide angle lens. The glass was too wet from wind blown snow. So this one is taken from the bathroom downstairs through the open window. 

 It would have been much more convenient to have the living room at that end of the house. With the best views. 

 I am burning the oversized logs for the exercise. It is often a struggle to lift them safely through the stove door. It will save me going to a gym. I could split them with the maul. That makes even less sense than the gym.

 20.00 The snow is still out there. Only 3-4" / 75-100mm. Rain expected later and tomorrow morning. Soggy tomorrow then!  

 Dinner was salad. With tuna, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cheese and cucumber. Not necessarily in that order. I was too ashamed to make toast again. The eggs were used up on the last lot of toast. WYSIWYG.

 

  ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment