4 Feb 2024

4.02.2024 Sainthood awaits me.

 ~o~

 Sunday 4th 42F/6C. Overcast and windy again. A few, light showers promised for this afternoon. 

 Up at 7am after an awful night. I topped up the fire bucket six times! No drinks after tea at 17.30. Nothing out of the ordinary during the day. Salad is mostly water but does it pass straight through? I had a 31km/19 mile ride in the cold wind but I was comfortable in my layers. It was 68F/20C in the room at bedtime. Dropping to 62F/17C this morning. I never felt cold in the night. Not a chill then.

 9.00 Stove lit. Time for a walk. I put on my fleece jacket under the down sweater. Both zipped up to the neck. I am not taking any chances.

 9.20 Back again after braving the cold gales. It was far windier and colder than expected. The DMI suggests 17m/s gusts on a 10m/s base. It felt much more than that.

 The rest of the day was spent on YouTube. Interrupted at frequent intervals by the advertising sociopathy department because I have an add blocker. How many times do I have to tell them,? I shall never, ever buy anything for as long as I live. Which is advertised without my express and prior, written permission.

 Dinner was chicken, mushrooms, peas, chips and ... Bisto gravy. As an influencer I have to state that I have no interest in Bisto. Other than its convenience while long out of date.

 I rescued an enormous spider from the bathroom. It was transferred with much pomp and celebration to the greenhouse. Where it will live out its days preying on everything else which lives out there. 

 I am burdened by the knowledge that indoor spiders do not fare well out of doors. So I am using the greenhouse as a sort of halfway house. It is always free to make a dash for the door whenever I am going in and out.

 My wildlife management moved down a notch when I removed a woodlouse. From the endless torment of perambulating the bathroom floor. It too was despatched to the greenhouse. Hopefully their paths will never cross. Though I cannot be held responsible for every tragedy which befalls either of them. Am I psychic?

 I have sent off an email to the relevant authorities. Requesting a Monday or Friday appointment to receive the trappings of my sainthood. Handmade, gold threaded robes are said to be involved. Though I'll find room on the makeshift clothes rack somehow. Do you suppose the wings are optional? I don't fancy cutting slots into my cycling jackets. Apart from the loss of weatherproofing the drag would be quite prohibitive. The drain on battery reserves could well become problematic.

  Dr House on Netflix is making me laugh and cry at intervals. I'll pretend it is therapeutic but who am I kidding? I cried and laughed at Korean comedy series involving ghosts and demons. My emotions are buried shallow and easily triggered. Did I tell you I wanted to be an actor? Sadly a lifetime's longing to be the centre of attention does not sit well on an amnesiac. Now where was I?

 I dragged the two recycling bins along the drive to their tipping point. An LED work lamp sits in my jacket breast pocket. To light the way, handsfree in the dark.

~o~


No comments:

Post a Comment