11 Feb 2024

11.02.2024

 ~o~

  Sunday 11th 35F/2C. Heavy overcast, cool, dry and windy. Up at 7.45! I was wide awake and debating whether to get up at 5am. Then fell asleep again. Suddenly it was light indoors!

 9.00 Routine "office work" done. 60F/16C    in the room. Stove not lit. Not even made my first cup of tea! No sign of any snow left.

 9.30 Morning chores completed. Should I make an excuse to go for a shopping ride on the e-bike? Or add a second light to the greenhouse?  A  morning walk would do me good. I keep getting lower back pain.

 10.30 I actually made it to my usual return point in the lanes. There was some snow on westerly facing roadside banks and fields. The wind made it feel rather cold.

 16.00 I have drilled the wall for the next greenhouse light and pushed the cable through. I'll leave connection until I come up with the neatest solution. I am trying to minimise the number of cables. A junction box indoors at each cable exit will take care of that. That allows a single cable run between each box. The cables and boxes will eventually be covered by a decorative board. Made to look like a beam. Or, it can all be lost within wall insulation. If I ever make any progress on that. 

 18.00 I shall make my version of a traditional Sunday dinner. Chicken, mushrooms, boiled mashed potatoes, carrots, peas and gravy. I hope the potatoes are edible. They quickly go soft and covered in roots despite being stored in a dark, cool cupboard.

 The picture tells almost the whole story. Too much gravy.


  ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment