21 Jul 2022

21.07.2022 32 Miles.

 ~~

 Thursday 21st 64F [at 06.55] Slightly misty. A cooler day is promised. Maxing at 25C. The sky is white and without definition. It sounds as if the harvesting and bailing are continuing just out of sight.

 Up at 6.15. I slept on the mattress on the floor in the lounge again. Even though it matched the temperature, at 79F upstairs, it felt much cooler downstairs. I left the greenhouse doors open to be rid of as much heat as possible overnight. Before another warm day adds its heat load. The already warm, southerly wall would conduct more unwanted heat into the downstairs interior. 

 I should seriously consider having a bed downstairs in the longer term. To replace the missing 3-seater settee. Which had to be sawn up to bring in the hospital bed for my wife's last week. A lounge bed would become the summer bed. Getting one of our 26 year-old, coil spring beds downstairs would be a major feat. Both base and mattress each weigh a ton! Such a bed doesn't make a suitable settee. Far too high with the mattress in place. I can't remember how the base feels on its own.

 A convertible bed/settee in the lounge would be much more sensible. If a comfortable example can be found. Not yet, as I have just been battered by the taxation authorities. While simultaneously losing my wife's pensions. The car is due for its safety check next month. This has been costing an average of £2k for repairs to get through the last few tests. It is from 1996 and looks it.

  It is 80F upstairs and I am sweating. Time for a walk.

 18.30 70F outside. 80F upstairs. I had left at about 11.00 to ride to a former contact 17 miles away. I stayed there until about four and then rode home by a slightly shorter route but into a gusty gale. A total of 32 miles.

 I had a banana, an apple and a choccy bar on the way home. Washed down with a small carton of apple juice. At home I had a cup of tea, a marmalade on bread roll and the last of the bananas and custard. My sister had made the latter for me. To show me how to make custard. Very refreshing it was too. Coming straight from the fridge. I shan't be in a hurry for dinner.

 After months and months of 93Mbps internet [instead of the 200Mbps I pay for]  I have just tested it at 330Mbps! I reset the router and it has dropped back to 93Mbps! 😭


~~



No comments:

Post a Comment