7 Jul 2022

7.07.2022 Window? What window?

 ~~

 Thursday 7th 59F. Overcast and drizzling without the forecaster's permission! It is supposed to be grey but dry all day. Whoops! That was only according to the hourly forecast chart. [Not a drop shown!] It is a morning of scattered showers from the NW in the textual description. Their resident artist [who does the charts] was not given the news about showers?

 Up at 6am. Strange aches in my hands, arms and shoulders without good cause. A contact suggests the virus can cause such symptoms. Though I have no experienced any "flu like" symptoms. I had to find a light, summer duvet in the night. The single sheet was too cool.

 I am supposed to remove the dressing from my shin today. I can feel a strange, central spike under the dressing! I hope it isn't a bone fragment! It could be dried blood. I'll update when I summon up the nerve to rip the dressing off my hairy leg. I might try that in the shower. It might help to soften "the superglue."

 07.15 It is brightening up. With a few glimpses of sunshine. Time for a walk? 

 8.00. Just my usual walk to the lanes. Where the beauty of the undulating landscape. Is reinforced by the crops, hedgerows, grasses and copses. I am incredibly fortunate to be surrounded in such gorgeous countryside. If it were not for the traffic, on the road, it would be perfect. Even that is intermittent. 

A large, racing snail. Which managed to cross the main road on a blind corner.

 I am not subjected to a constant flow of heavy good lorries as I walk. The road is far enough away not to be a noise nuisance while I am at home. Further aided by the shelter belt of trees and our my own mature trees and hedges. 

 Mostly planted by my wife and left to rocket skywards. Just in case somebody decided to harvest the mature larches beyond our my western hedge. No doubt the trees on the other three sides of the garden help to absorb traffic noise too. 

09.00 63F.  I duly removed the plaster in the bath/shower and the lower wound looks open and slimy. I rang the doctor's surgery and have an appointment at 13.30 for the nurse to check for infection. It is slightly swollen, pink all around the site and hurts when I press around it. It also aches at intervals. I'll leave the wound exposed until it has been looked at. Wearing shorts will avoid contact. The other wound looks normal with a large scab.

 11.45. I was going to do some shopping in the car. Then decided to be sensible and tidy the kitchen. I also fixed the door frame. The shopping can be done after I visit the doctor's. 

 I have a problem with randomly mixed stuff. I haven't a clue how to store it, nor where. Will I ever look at it if I do keep it? Shirley never threw anything potentially useful away. So I keep finding little pots of screws, nails, washers and plastic bits of former things. How do I sort it? Does it need sorting? 

 The nurse was quite satisfied with the progress of my wound. She applied another dressing because the wound is to be kept moist. Then I went shopping.

  My new bedroom window has arrived in the builder's merchants but nobody bothered to tell me. I was just in the outlet but the staff member involved was in conference with other customers. Now I'll have to go and collect it in the trailer tomorrow. 

20.00 Dinner was a mushroom omelette. My first ever. I browned the mushrooms first. Then added more oil and the whipped eggs on top. It looked awful but was fine. It didn't feel enough. So I had a wholemeal bread roll with mature Cheddar cheese and Branston Pickle.

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment