15 Jul 2022

15.07.2022 Send in the clowns.

 ~~

 Friday 15th 50F, bright and breezy start, cloud expected.  Probably a repeat of yesterday. With wind and weather from the NW. Up at 5.15. 

 I have trimmed my beard. It was getting silly in a grey and splodgy imitation of Father Christmas. Now I am a grey and splodgy version of Van Gogh. Probably with just as many demons. Isn't is odd that there are no reference standards for beards?

 Gravely Blighted is to get a new Self Important Leader. To replace The Self Important Clown. As if it will make any difference to the world. Democracy has become the art of shuffling. Musical chairs on the gravy train for the world's wannabes.

 They are allowed to make minor changes to national taxation but have no other, useful purpose. Except for being self-important on TV. In photo ops for their mutually parasitic press. Reciting speeches written  by others in beery back rooms. 

 Delusions of grandeur. Always the great statesman. Never his shoe-shine. Strictly the stuff of pulp fiction. The absolute proof of their inadequacy? The teleprompter. The walking frame for the chronically pedestrian.

 My walk took an hour and twenty five minutes. Down to the village. Around the edge of the field and past the marsh pond. Where there were lots of ducks. Then wading through hundreds of yards of chest high thistles and nettles to reach the forest. 

 There followed the steep climb up through the woods through chest high brambles. Finally my escape to the main track back to my starting point. It was really quite windy at times. 125 pictures this morning in bright sunshine.

 09.30. Imaging the sun in the observatory was paused due to cloud. Which means I have to be sensible and do some more tidying. Aargh! 😱  I am supposed to have gone shopping.

 I bottled out and did lots of hedge clipping, weeding, strimming and raking. I have to make a good impression on visitors. Three lots of laundry. I moved more logs onto the stack. There has been the threat of rain, now and then, but it hasn't come to anything. 

 12.50  61F Overcast. Lunch while the battery recharges. The trailer full of recycling yard fodder could be a cue for shopping.

16.30 Returned from the shops and recycling yard. I've bought a rotary clothes drier. Made a hole in the trailer parking spot to see how it goes. There is plenty of room for the trailer. Or, the trailer can go elsewhere. They supply a silly little plastic pipe to set in concrete. In normal ground it is totally inadequate. I can't find a suitable metal pipe amongst my junk. To sink deeper into the ground as a  weather-proof anchor.

 I have seen two very large frogs in the garden today. Brownish colouring, with stripes, suggests the common frog. They can jump about a yard when they feel the need! And did!

17.15 63F. Afternoon tea. Overnight rain is promised.

 18.40 More strimming, clipping and weeding. I even trimmed the front beech hedge. Then on down to the boundary corner.

 Salad with tuna for dinner. My early success with poached eggs must have been a fluke. Whether I let the water boil first. Or just let it simmer. The whites always explode! I always lower the broken eggs gently into the hot water from a small cup.

 I didn't do the washing up, again.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment