10 Jul 2022

10.07.2022 Cookie whores.

 ~~

Sunday 10th 52F. Cool, bright, windy and cloudy from the NW. Up at 4.15. No afternoon nap yesterday. so I could hardly keep my eyes open at 11pm last night. 

 No leaks from my bathroom sink makeover so far. I still haven't found a better [English] term than "plughole." The online dictionaries are selling their souls for cookies. So I did not proceed beyond their web page blanking NO ENTRY notices. All too many <cough> reference websites are becoming utterly worthless, cookie whores. 

 Both of the plugholes I have are too short to accept the full depth of the trap thread from below. Or, the sink has simply been moulded far too deep. I'll have to wait for Monday to access the proper builder's merchants for a full length, chromed brass "plughole."  Or bundventil in Danish. [Bottom valve?] There are much longer, threaded section "plugholes" available.

 08.00 58F. Just back from a brisk walk to the lanes. The strong, gusty wind made it feel cooler. An excess of cloud made glimpses of warming sunshine rather infrequent. Traffic was very light even for an early Sunday morning. 

 No fast plans for today. Nor even any slow ones. I might move and stack the logs for a bit of mindless exercise.

  I have applied masking tape to the tile where I intend to fit my kitchen roll holder. Low down, just above the worktop. I can reach over it to the toaster. Still not fully convinced this is the ideal spot.

  Despite some misgivings and umpteen mock-ups, I went ahead anyway. The toaster controls are now fully accessible. With no risk of overhanging paper from the roll. 

 The toaster is a 2-slice, Ariete. In a delicious, Vintage style, ice cream green. The mini oven is also an Ariete in the same colour. That still lives on top of the upright, fridge-freezer. Where it is at eye level. For easily checking cooking in progress. Without taking up valuable real estate on the worktop.

 10.00 I removed the leg dressing in the shower. Then replaced it with a new one provided by the nurse. It looks a lot better and mostly pink.

 11.00  Then I spent some time in the observatory capturing solar images. Eventually it became overcast. So I stacked logs instead. 

 All the processed logs are now stacked against the shed. Three layers deep, front to back and up to my chin. It looks a complete mess! 

 I'll have to do some more chainsawing to shorten the remaining, large pieces. I am limited to 30cm/12"  lengths to go in the new stove.  There are more, large rounds to split too. I'll make some shin pads first! My old mountaineering gaiters lined with closed cell foam mattress offcuts will do. Just to protect my shins from flying logs.

 12.50 Lunch.

 16.00 I have been back in the observatory. Just finished taking a lot more pictures of my late wife's garden. New flowers keep appearing.

19.00 I finally came back in from the observatory.

20.00 Dinner was a mushroom omelette. The mushrooms were left over in the fridge from last time. No idea how old they were. I tried to use the stainless steel frying pan and everything stuck. It was so ugly I dropped it into a bowl and ate it with a spoon. The mushrooms weren't slimy and didn't smell bad. It tasted okay. 

 Botulism?  How long does that take to show symptoms? I just checked back on my blog. I had the last mushroom omelette on the 10th. Only 3 days ago. They remained in the fridge in an open cardboard tray. They should have been fine.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment