4 May 2021

4.05.2021 Wet and windy!

 ~~

Tuesday 4th 43-48F, gales with rain forecast for the next two-three days. Back to winter clothing for my walk. Where I had to dodge the traffic tyre spray. Which mostly showed absolutely no empathy for the soggy morning walker. Conversely, several drivers waved. Though but I have no idea who they were. 

It was most unpleasant where the saddle is formed at the junction to the lanes. The absence of hedgerows simply adding to the misery. So that I had to stumble on. Blinded by the driving rain. I returned in a state of external wetness but dry and warm inside my jacket. 

Our ancient toaster has ceased to work. Probably in sympathy with the ten year old kettle. Which only pretended to expire just recently. Then rose to boil, another day. The toaster, which had long shared its disputed borders with the recalcitrant kettle, must be really miffed. It gave up its life on a mere rumour. Built-in obsolescence rears its ugly head again! Woah! Thrice woah. It was ever thus.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment