29 May 2021

29.05.2021 A longer walk and a ride without a rear view mirror.

 ~~

Saturday 29th 48F, heavy overcast, light northerly breeze. All day sunshine promised after the grey start. Waoo Internet is at 78Mbps instead of the "guaranteed" 200Mbps. It's getting slower. I have a bad taste in my mouth when I cough. Perhaps a ride will help to clear the sawdust.

My knee was feeling better today. So I walked up to the woods. Where I did a tour up through the beeches and then back down by the side of the prairie. Where it was a bit muddy but passable without damaging the crops.

The image is of a distant Skylark in Superman, hover pose. I had to crop it from a dot for it to become identifiable. Which made it look very fuzzy. I thought it was funny because it was staring straight at the camera. Swallows everywhere today.

I had a brisk, late morning ride around the lanes for half an hour. Going well and feel better for a ride in the gorgeous, spring countryside. I was supposed to get breathless but didn't, despite the hills. I feel lost without my rear view mirror. It was worn out so I took it off. Then discovered that Zefal had discontinued the Cyclop. Now I discover it is still stocked at most online dealers. Order duly placed. 

It felt weird and unsafe not being able to see what was coming up from behind. Particularly now that my hearing is so badly impaired. The Zefal mirror is flat for full size reflections. It has the perfect shape to get maximum field of view when  placed on the dropped [racing] handlebar ends. The internally chromed plastic is unbreakable but only lasts for a couple of years on a trike. Unfortunately, it sits directly in the road spray thrown up from the back tyre. Which means it gets shot blasted whenever the roads are wet. 

Trikes and (odd) bikes.: 15th December 2014 Reflecting on Zefal mirrors

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment