25 May 2021

25.05.2021 Second wettest May in over 100 years.

 ~~

Tuesday 25th 51F, heavy overcast, possible rain. Waoo Fibre Internet has now dropped to 81Mbps instead of the "guaranteed" 200Mbps. 

I was determined to go for a walk despite the steadily falling rain. It soon became obvious that I couldn't walk along the edge of the road. Because every passing vehicle was giving me a free car wash. Then it rained much more heavily! 

My winter coat badly needs re-proofing.  So I returned home to dry out. Though I was perfectly warm and dry on the inside, the outside was dark with wetness. Second wettest May in 100 years with several days to go. I have ordered the coat manufacturer's recommended wash and proofer. [Storm.]

Remember: Darwin Awards aren't just given away to any Donny, Dick or Marjorie. They are well earned.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment