1 Oct 2021

Ist October 2021 Windy and wet.

 ~~

Friday 1st October 50F, heavy overcast, windy and wet.

An hour and three quarters walk to the far end of a nearby village. Then back by another lane to form a wobbly trapezium. Fighting a headwind going but far more relaxing on the return journey. 

Only a few spots of rain despite the forecast. My winter coat becoming slightly too warm once the wind was no longer in my face. I took my old TZ7 camera. To avoid giving the G9 a free shower. Which greatly reduced my number of snaps.

It is surprising how much more is to be seen on foot. Even when compared to riding a cycle. Driving denies one of most of one's senses. Provided you are doing it correctly. My legs actually feel rather tired now. Which is very unusual. I presume it must be walking steadily on asphalt. Whereas my boots are more familiar with being off-road on my longer walks. Walking on grass and rough ground gives the muscles a much better workout but is not remotely so repetitive. 

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment