18 Jan 2024

18.01.2024 Thursday cooking class.

 ~o~

 Thursday 18th 21F/-6C. The forecast is below freezing all day but with some sunshine. From what little I can see, by the outside light, there has been no more snow overnight.

 7am. Up at 6am after earlier awakenings. 58F/14C in the room. I lit the stove first to get some heat into the place. It should be the first Thursday cooking class today. Weather permitting. As soon as it is light enough I shall walk along to the road to check conditions. I badly need to shop. Which might give me a wider choice of shops on my route. Otherwise it will have to be the local village supermarkets as usual.

 8.15 I had a shower first. To kill some time as I waited for it to become lighter. Then I walked along to the road on about 3"/75mm of snow. Traffic seemed normal and the road was clear and salted. So it seems I am going. 

 The old car started and is presently de-icing itself. Refrozen snow did not respond to the spray on the windows.  The police are looking out for idiots who don't clear their glass before driving. The eastern sky has a pretty tobacco filter. Promising clear sunshine when it rises. It felt very cold. Particularly when walking into the light, westerly wind.  

 8.30. I have a quarter of an hour before I should leave. Milky coffee and a biscuit? No butter for my usual marmalade on a toasted bread roll! I brought in three more baskets of logs and one of kindling. Give them a chance to dry further before use.

 14.00 Returning from cooking class. Where I made a vegetable based chicken dish. Using ground cauliflower as rice. Shopped on the way home.  The roads weren't too bad except in the villages. 22C/71F in the greenhouse after continuous sunshine. 63F/17C in the living room. The stove would have gone out within an hour of my leaving.

 Thee was no need for dinner because I had eaten well at the class.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment