20 Jan 2024

20.01.2024 More car trouble.

 ~o~

 Saturday 20th 38F. Rain and higher temperatures have helped to thin the snow. Though patchy, the ground is still largely covered. Overcast. A dry morning and 4C/40F is promised but rather breezy from the west. Up at 7.45 after a disturbed night. 61F/16C in the room. 44F/7C in the greenhouse. The milder, outside temperatures have pushed the kitchen and bathroom over 60F/15C. 

 8.30 I had better light the stove.

 I went shopping in the afternoon. The car wouldn't start when I came out from the supermarket. The starter was spinning the motor over but it wouldn't fire. I went to another shop and tried starting the car again afterwards. Finally it fired but was reluctant to pick up. Eventually I was able to drive home normally.

 I now have two, square, plastic baskets for recycling in the kitchen. This will save me from having to separate items into the various large bins in the wind and rain outside. The final touch would be to have a smaller container for glass and metal. I am wondering if the baskets could be hidden in the pine cupboard. Trivial? Quite probably, but it matters to me.

 In case anyone is still interested: I never did hear back from Contec. After I emailed them about the broken saddle frame. Contec customer support is obviously as fragile as their saddles.   

 Those with a long enough memory will know that I bought a Brooks B67 to replace the broken Contec saddle. Then the bad winter weather intervened. So I have not had a chance to test the Brooks over any distance. I want to protect the Moustache e-bike from winter road salt for as long as possible.

   I discussed the broken Contec saddle and its replacement with the Brooks B67, in three consecutive blog posts from the 15th December.  

 20.30 38F/3C. 70F/21C in the room. Dinner was fish fingers and chips. 

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment