16 Jan 2024

16.01.2024 More snow.

 ~o~

 Tuesday 16th 22F/-6C. A dusting of snow. The sky is fairly clear. Risk of sunshine? Up at 7.30 after waking earlier. 

8.15.  58F/14C in the room. 31F/-1C in the greenhouse. Which is almost opaque with frost. I should light the stove. 

 8.30 Stove lit. As soon as it is going well I shall have a walk. Sunrise is supposed to be 8.36.  It was nearly 20 minutes later. By the time the sub broke free.

  9.15 21F/-6C. 60F/15C n the room. Back from my walk. It was cold but not unpleasantly so. With just a breath of a wind from the east. Even so it made a huge difference to my perception of the temperature. Walking with the wind my bare hands were almost comfortable. Walking back it meant keeping my hands in my jacket pockets. Just the extra velocity of swinging my arms felt unpleasantly cold. A heron drifted over in slow motion. Bullfinches were foraging in the hedges. The roads were clear and damp from salting. No slipperiness at all. 

  I spent some time tidying the awful mess which is/was my computer cabling. While searching for something else I found a 6-way socket in black. Which quickly hid the worst eyesores of multiple sockets in white. I still need two more sockets for table lamps. So I am searching online for an 8-way socket in black. The low demand from each socket should not add up to any risk of reaching the 10A limit. White cables/flexes are particularly offensive to the eye. While black remains all but invisible in this particular setting.

 The forecast is for overnight snow. Somewhere between 2-3" or 5-7cm.

 Dinner was chicken, mushrooms, baked beans and a fried egg. The new frying pan is  revelation for non-stickiness! A shake of the handle and the contents slid freely. I shall have to use much less oil in future.

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment