23 Jun 2022

23.06.2022 Spinning boxes on the spot.

 ~~

 Thursday 23rd 54F, calm and cloudy but bright.  We are promised all day, full sun. Woke at 5am but managed to last until 6am before I got up. I used a relaxation therapy counting trick to blot out all other thoughts: One thousand, two thousand, etc. If that doesn't work I reverse: Ten thousand, nine thousand, etc. It doesn't have to be counting sheep. Or counting while inhaling or exhaling. The numbers work alone. Given enough patience.  

 9.00 58F. Still overcast and the wind just  beginning to pick up. I walked to the village. Then along the serpentine track to the woods and back again. It was very quiet and very still away from the traffic. The distant wind turbines were at a standstill. Lots of flowers in the hedgerows. Creamy white elder and wild roses in all shades of pink. Not so many birds about today. Gone for an hour.

 10.00 62F. Still overcast with rare sunny periods. I have cleared the front half of one half of the greenhouse. I need temporary storage, out of the weather, for the wood in the dome. Which itself was temporary storage for the wood my wife kept indoors. Now I just need an efficient way of moving it all 20 yards. Not walking back and forth with a few lengths at a time. As I did when I was moving it to the dome. Perhaps I need the exercise? 🙄

 11.30 66F. Sunshine now and getting warmer. Paused for rest and to cool down. There was plenty of wood to move to the greenhouse. Lots of cardboard and empty boxes too. A good trailer full! Even when flattened. It must be over three months since I last looked in there. I can't believe what I threw in there in my hurry to clear the house.

 I should remove all the timber and junk. Then move the bulky Rockwool from the trailer into the dome. That would free up the trailer for normal use. Then I could get rid of the pile of cardboard to the recycling yard today. 

 The dome has plenty of room for the Rockwool if I stack it neatly. It won't get in the way like untidy piles of loose wood and timber. Plenty of old wood to take to the recycling yard. It will never be used now.

 13.00 69F. Full sunshine. Lunch. The trailer is piled high with flattened cardboard boxes. 

 14.45  73F. Full sunshine. Just returned from the recycling yard. A vast quantity of cardboard has gone to a better place. 

 Dinner was salad with a salmon pasty.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment