16 Jun 2022

16.06.2022 Who is *really* in charge of our world?

 ~~

 Thursday 16th 50F, bright but rather cloudy. Up at 4.30. In time to take the black wheeled dustbin along the drive. The sky was pretty. With lots of speckled cloud. Which seemed to be radiating from the west.

 I have an appointment in town this morning. Just after 9.00. I could start early and cycle there. Nearly 10 miles each way. Or I could remain cool and drive there.

 _______________________

 Yet another record heat wave has hit the US, India, Australia, Pakistan, South America, Spain, Portugal and France. Amongst others. It was the same last year and in previous years.

 The question is: Are those, who are really in charge of our world, aliens? Perhaps a predatory, reptilian species? One which prefers a much warmer climate? Their puppets are too busy fighting over Russian oil and gas to worry about burning our world to the ground.

 6.00. Breakfast over. I'll have an early walk. The heavy rain warning had me checking on a drainage ditch in the field to our north. It used to flood so often that we joked about starting a boat hire business. The ditch hasn't been cleared in years and there has been some landscaping by a new neighbour out there. 

 It doesn't look like being a problem. Though access is difficult due to waist high grass and weeds. A low hill to our NE also drains into the same field. Another neighbour's garden was flooded not long ago. So I was quite worried about the forecast warning. 

 Extreme weather events are becoming the norm. The field is a marsh close to our boundary. Even the historical name for the hamlet refers to a marsh and a pond. Presumably that was before they dug the drainage ditch. Which goes underground and meanders all over the area.

 12.00 70F. Full sunshine. It was warm in the car. I have been cleared for use of the new, online security system. The greenhouse has reached 80F. I hadn't opened the double doors fully at each end. Just enough for a draught. I have finally booked a hearing test in the hope of a getting a hearing aid.

 13.00 I need a reliable calendar system. My appointments are scribbled on scraps of paper. Which I promptly lose. Perhaps a pin board would be more sensible?

 I spent the afternoon in the observatory processing still pictures from video close-ups of the sun.

 19.30 Salad for dinner. The cumber was already rotten. 


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment